Monday, July 28, 2008

TWENTY YEARS??!? Are you serious?



So here is a picture of my main man, foreign exchange student from the old country, Luigi VonTrapp. Wait, what? Just kidding, that's Nick, regular student from the new country but still my main man.

Nick was TWENTY YEARS OLD last Friday. Yes, TWENTY. Two decades since Nick was born. Wow. See, here's the thing about Nick. He's one of the most awesome and funny people I know, and I don't say that about many. He says really funny things that make me laugh. He is fun to hang out with, we can go do stuff and it's like he is my best friend. Well, maybe my only friend, haha. But I do stuff with him more than anyone it seems like.

At the time Nick was born, I was only 18, two years younger than he is now, which blows my mind. I don't know that it was the most popular choice that I keep him, but I felt strongly that I wanted to more than anything and when I look back I know I made the right decision. He has become all things I would hope he would be. He is kind, caring, great with kids and in love with his little sister. He does what I ask him and helps me out all the time. When he was younger he wanted to play in the Major Leagues. I just wanted him to grow up to be a nice guy who knows how to treat women and he has done that. I am so proud of him.

I almost lost him once, and I am so grateful we had another chance, a chance for me to see him grow up to be all the things I wanted for him and see things I wanted him to see. I will never forget how close I came to not knowing him at all. I can never express the gratitude I feel for that gift.

So twenty years have gone by, I don't know where the hell they went, but gone they are. And never once do I regret the choice I made to keep this boy around. I don't know what I would do without him.

I love you Nick, a lot. Happy Birthday!

Comments:
Thanks Mommy :)
I love you too, a lot.

-Luigi
 
Luigi, Happy birthday!!! You are a great kid. Even if my kids get hurt while playing with you. Just kidding! My kids are big dorks. I am just grateful that you will play with them. Not many will, they're crazy.
Tracy, you did the right thing. Maybe not the easiest at the time. I am glad he is your friend. Does he admit that? Maybe he can teach Colton a thing or two.
 
I was just reminiscing with Amanda about the night Nick was born. We were supposed to be sleeping out on the tramp but Deni, Amanda and I stayed up all night until Gram came home and told us he had been born. That couldn't of been 20 years ago because that would make me old :)

Happy Birthday Nick!! Love you!
 
You need to just give yourself a big pat on the back where Luigi is concerned. He is a really good guy. He's a gentleman, a lot of fun to hang with, and so talented to boot. Oh and pat him on the back too. I'm sure he had something to do with it too.
 
Luigi,
You are a GREAT kid!!!
Kathleen
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]