Thursday, July 10, 2008

She's a POTTY TRAIN!!

So I think I have mentioned before that there have been a few different times I have made a half-hearted effort to do the potty training thing with Miss Piper. It would go ok for an hour or so, she would tell me she needed to pee, then get up from the toilet and pee on the floor. Or she would put around 13 pairs of panties on at the same time and then pee through all of them. She just wasn't that interested. So because I am basically lazy, I didn't push it.

Well, about two weeks ago she decided one night that she wanted to wear panties, so we threw some on. She told me every time she needed to go, which was kind of a surprise but ok, that works.

The surprising part though, is from that minute, she has worn panties every day and has not had an accident at all. She just decided to do it and she did. Yeah, that says a lot about her personality. I seem to breed children who come hell or high water are going to do what they want, when they want, on their terms. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing.

Anyway, so now she is a potty train! That's what she tells everyone, "I'm a potty train!"

See, I don't believe in forcing kids to potty train when they aren't ready, I am a firm believer in the school of it's a ton easier and less stressful for everyone if they are ready and want to do it.

And to prove my point, look at that, she was trained in one day. Yay Piper!

Comments:
Yay for Miss Piper!!! Woo-hoo!!
 
That's fantastic,way to go Piper! Yeah for Mom too. You're smart to let her do it when she's ready. I so hope that Will will be ready some day too!!!
 
Our family is one to not be told anything. We're kind f a "Hell or high water" type of family. We'll do it when we do it. Good for Piper!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]