Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure that "middle child" thing is an urban legend. Like Walt Disney.



I love this picture. Love it so much. This is Tyler, who is still my baby. But this picture is Tyler to a T. I think of all my kids, Tyler has the personality most like mine. Neither one of us is very into meeting new people, we kind of have tough guy attitudes, we laugh at the same things and we like most of the same TV shows, like The Office. We LOVE The Office.

Tyler makes me laugh. I love him so much. He has such a strong personality. For the first few years of his life, I didn't know if I was going to make it. This kid could throw a fit like nobody's business. Seriously, he could have given lessons. And stubborn??? I'm pretty sure his picture is still in the dictionary next to that word. He wanted it the way he wanted it and no one was changing his mind.

The whole time he was showing his ass though, it was just somehow so funny, I would have to walk away more than once to avoid laughing right at him. He has a gift for attracting people to him no matter what he is acting like. Everyone loves him. Every year at Parent/Teacher conference, I hear about how popular Tyler is. I heard it in preschool, I heard it in elementary school, I hear it in middle school. It's great.

Tyler taught me one of the biggest lessons I have learned in my life. And that is "don't sweat the small stuff." From Tyler I learned that it doesn't matter how many times he shaved half his eyebrow off, or cut his hair, or wore the craziest outfits known to man. At the end of the day, who really cares if Tyler wore Nick's cowboy boots with newspapers stuffed in the toes? Is anyone going to remember that Tyler had on 15 different patterns of plaid in one outfit? Or that he clogged at least 3 different toilets with items he would put in and stir with the plunger while he made his "soup?"

I heard a phrase recently that reminded me of Tyler. "The days are long, but the years go quickly." I learned the truth in this phrase from Tyler as well. I think I am a much more patient and tolerant mom since Tyler came along. I had to be, haha, his personality was always stronger than mine. :)

I love him for teaching me things I may not have learned otherwise. Tyler is great, I couldn't ask for a better kid.

Comments:
My favorite thing about Tyler is the song!!!!
Oh how I wish you would have shared the whole soup thing sooner. I could have gotten a lot of milage out of that one!
 
I remember Tyler fits... they were quite a sight to behold.

Love that picture of him!
 
What the heck is up with loving The Office?!! You people are nuts! That show makes me CRAZY!

I love the picture of Tyler. He is a charmer isn't he. Sorry about that. j/k.

I so admire you for taking care of your family the way you have. The single mom thing must be such a mountain, but you've done whatever you needed to do. Obviously you've put your family first, because you have really great kids.

Thanks for your example.
 
Ty, you are awesome.
Kathleen
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]