Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Love Never Dies"

All of a sudden it ended in divorce
my parents marriage took a turn for the worse
with three small children and not a nickel to spare
mom turned to the one who would always be there
she was gram from the time that she opened the door
but she was a grandma, a mother and so much more
as i got older i couldn't understand
in every other house there was some guy called Dad
while all my friends got new baseball gloves
I was busy learning a thing called love
I still to this day see her curling her hair
trying to watch M.A.S.H. but falling asleep in her chair
by 5 a.m. she was up the next day
ready for work and then on her way
I'll never forget the words that she said
when she came home early with her hand on her head
"you better take me to the hospital" then i knew it was bad
but i had no idea of the problems she had
being told theres no hope, i think thats what did it
she knew what was coming but would never admit it
she fought for awhile brave and strong
but cancer had been spreading way too long
on december 9th i knew as i kissed her
that the messenger angel had been there and whispered
"hold on dear child soon this will end
the pain the suffering, now take my hand"
it was with her last breath and the look in her eyes
i knew in my heart that Love Never Dies

I believe deep down that i'll see you again
when i get to those gates will you let me in?
I just want to see you and hold you once more
I know that i will when i walk through that door

in every other house there was some guy called Dad
I felt sorry for those kids because they never had Gram

L.N.D
-D-


Comments:
I haven't read that in a while. It's beautiful.
 
It's hard to type because everything is blurry. Thanks for that. Your new profile cracks me up.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]