Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I got a Basketball John...




This is a video of one of the few moments in basketball where I nearly peed my pants and got tears in my eyes at the same time.

I, like everyone, get pissed at bad calls, "unfair refs", stupid shots etc. but I usually remain fairly calm and mostly immobile on the couch unless it's down to the wire and it's a real ass clencher. Then I sit up. But THIS? This was me jumping up and down screaming, running out into the driveway and screaming some more.It's special to me not only as a long time John Stockton & Utah Jazz fan, but for personal reasons as well. This one will go down in history for me as BEST. SHOT. EVER.

Now seriously, don't send me messages saying "But Tracy! John Stockton was the dirtiest player in the NBA LOL!11!!!!11!"

I don't want to hear what a dirty player he was, how he set illegal picks and elbowed other players in the kidneys. I don't want to hear what a flopper he was, I don't want to hear about his tiny shorts. Believe me, in 25 years as a Jazz fan, I have heard them all. I don't want to hear that he hit the shot in this video because Malone set an illegal screen on Clyde Drexler, I've heard it before.

Drexler and Barkley were PWNED by Stockton and Malone. Neither Barkley or Drexler was in their rookie season, they had each had PLENTY of experience playing against Utah. Seriously, did they honestly think Malone would NOT set a huge screen, legal or otherwise and that Bryon Russell would NOT inbound the ball to a WIDE OPEN John Stockton, one of the best shooters on the team? Please. PLEASE.I could have called that play in.

Say what you will (just not to me) but John Stockton is THE best point guard to ever play the game.

Talk amongst yourselves...

Comments:
I love Basketball John!! He is the bomb!

I'm not a big basketball watcher but I was watching when he made that shot and I remember yelling and jumping up and down too. It was amazing.

Now I've got the Basketball John song in my head....
 
I'm smiling and imagining all the times you watched this with Gram. I hope you are enjoying the blogging outlet.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]