Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My karma? Not so good.

I am a big believer in karma. I totally subscribe to the "what goes around comes around" theory. That being said, I am not sure what possessed me to laugh at naughty things other peoples children do. One set of children in particular who have done several, well ok a lot, of things that I have laughed and laughed at. I have been laughing all week at my cousins son, D-Man because he painted up their house with purple paint. Hilarious right? Yeah, I thought so too.

Among other things, they have poured a gallon of milk down the stairs, poured bleach down the laundry chute, hijacked their parents first aid kit and cut a hole in their tent with tiny scissors, pushed the screens out the window into the back yard in order to "see the outside", poured nail polish in each others hair and unscrewed and took the striker plates off the doors. And most of this is just recently. They are actually pretty awesome kids and I love them. However, laughing was my downfall. And laugh I did.

Karma bit me right in the butt earlier tonight when my princess, Piper, pulled half the keys off my laptop. That I have had less than a month. That I haven't even made the first payment on.
I left the room and she pulled a chair over to where it was sitting on the counter, opened it and when I walked back in was flipping the keys off and throwing them behind the couch. Hilarious right? Not so much.

We got the keys back on and they mostly work ok. Some of them she actually broke the piece under the key so there was really no way to fix them. The space bar is weird, it's kind of hard to push, the !/1 key is weird, and the S key is messed up a little as is the left hand SHIFT key. You have to push them really hard or they don't work. You know, those keys you don't use a whole lot, like SHIFT or space. Or S. I never really paid attention to how many words actually contain the letter S, but it's a lot.

I don't know if I should send it back to Dell and have them fix the whole keyboard. I hate to have this problem with it when I just barely got it, but I don't know how much that would even cost, I'm sure it's more money that I actually have right now. Also, if you have ever called Dell's tech support, you know that the chances of getting anyone whose first language is English are slim to none. I hate calling their tech support. So I am not sure what to do now, but I am a really sad panda.

And Bonnie, if you are reading this, please laugh and laugh. Laugh 'til you puke. Then call your friends and family and tell them and laugh some more. Then call me up and laugh like a big old donkey into the phone. Seriously. I deserve it.


Oh and if anyone is interested in a baby girl, I just might be persuaded to sell her to the first person who shows up with a 6-pack of Mountain Dew and a package of goldfish crackers.

Comments:
I like the new layout. It is easier on the eyes. Okay, I didn't really laugh till the last paragraph. Mostly because I feel your pain.
I am amazed how many of the things my kids have done you remember. I had forgotten some of those. Maybe I will get a few good laughs out of your youngest. I look foreward to it.
 
This is why I can never have children! I've laughed so many times at other peoples kids that I would most certainly get demon-children! The very thought is terrifying!

There's a reason God makes kids cute at that age- it's so you don't kill them when they do something like this.

Sorry about your laptop. That really bites! I hope you can get it fixed.

I like the new layout.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]